Monday, August 1, 2011

Last transfer!

I can't believe the things that are happening. I'm super excited that that I'm going to be finishing up here in 5 weeks, but at the same time I want to see things happen before I leave. Today is transfers and it looks like I will be finishing up in Sterling. My companion, Elder Rodriguez, got moved to Aurora, CO. It is right next to Denver and it is pretty ghetto. It is a spanish speaking ward so he is excited, plus he was in Sterling a little bit too long. My new companion is Elder Lloyd. I actually haven't even met him yet. All I really know is that he has been out just over a year and is from Layton, UT. We will see how that goes. I will still be the district leader and we have another set of elders in our district, but they are serving in Yuma, CO which is super far away from Sterling so we won't see them that much.

This past week we were finally able to teach the guy who wants to get baptized. I think we will be setting him with a date this week for baptism! Exciting times. I don't know if I told you, but a guy that I taught while I was in Longmont got baptized a little bit ago and I just heard news that another guy that I taught there is going to get baptized too in the next week or so. The work there wasn't done in vain haha.

That is what has been going on this past week, a few changes but not much. The "Trunky papers" (flight info) I think comes next week. That is a scary thought.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011