Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This last week was great. I'm not sick anymore. I had a bad sore throat for 4-5 days. I must say it was pretty bad. Nothing really happened at the doctors. She gave me some medicine which cost me 30 bucks! The baptism was great as well. Everything went pretty smooth. So, we were put in charge of filling the font on Saturday. We started at noon so it could be filled by 5pm! It has a small water heater and would only have hot water for 2 minutes and then we would have to wait 30 minutes for it to get warm again. Since he works out at the prison graveyard shift, on Sunday we got a little nervous when he and his family didn't show up right away. Good thing our ward had a reverse schedule with sacrament meeting last.

This last week we had zone conference too. It went okay. It was kind of boring and I must say that I am glad that I don't have to go to another one of those meetings. I gave my departing testimony and everything. It is official. I'm coming home in 2 weeks! This week I have to go to a meeting close to Denver. It is for all trainers, district leaders, and zone leaders. The church is starting this huge media campaign and the Denver area is one of the places that they are doing it. The meeting is, I guess, to inform us of what they are going to do. I also have to go on exchanges with the zone leaders this week. Busy all the time, even with 2 weeks to go.

Pres. Toombs is our new Mission President. He has been here for almost two months now. He is totally different from how Pres. Ely did things, but he is pretty awesome. They are from Utah. I don't know why he can give out these scholarships. All I know is that I might be able to get 400 dollars for school. I think it is specifically to BYU-Idaho.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011