Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the Birthday emails and the birthday box. This last week went pretty well. To give a little bit more of an update on what has been going on, we are working with a lot of people, but right now we are resolving a lot of things with everyone. With such a small town and nothing to do, people tend to break the commandments a lot. We went over to see if the part member family that we are working with quit smoking and it looks like it is going to take a lot longer than we thought. We do have one investigator that is pretty golden by the looks of it. It is another part member family, but the husband and wife just recently got divorced. The husband wanted to be baptized earlier but didn't want to look like he was trying to get on his ex wife's good side while going through the divorce. Now that it is final, it is just a matter of teaching him. He also comes to church every week with his kids.

For Fourth of July we actually made the long trip into Greeley for the day and it was awesome. We went to the Greeley Spanish groups picnic ate a lot of good food and played some games. For the first time in a while I actually got sunburned. I'm pretty white these days. We didn't end up watching any fireworks. When we got home a little after 6pm we were pretty wiped out and I was really wiped from all the driving that went on that day. Tomorrow we will be going into Greeley again to meet our mission president and have interviews. I don't really know what to expect. Fortunately tomorrow the Fort Morgan elders will be driving us down so I don't have to do that again. Oh, yesterday I got pulled over by the cops. Being Fourth of July they were on the prowl. I was going 38 in a 30 zone, but not 100 yards ahead of me was a sign for a 35 zone. It is okay though because I just got off with a warning. The last thing that I want to do is get a ticket. That was actually the first time that I have been pulled over since I first started driving and it just has to be in Sterling, CO.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011