Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7-11-11
Hello everyone,

Not much to report this week. Things went by a little slower than normal, but this next week will be totally different. We did meet the new mission pres. this past week. It was very brief because he is going through the whole mission meeting everyone right now. Our 1 on 1 interview was only about 5 minutes. We did have a group meeting where he talked about what his vision for the mission is and a little bit more of a "get to know you" part. You can tell he is green. It is weird to see that coming from a mission president and not a missionary. My birthday this past week was great. We didn't really do much by way of celebrating but I did get some mail which was a nice change of pace. This past week was really cool in the fact that something happened that has never happened on my mission yet. There is a guy that we are going to teach and he had been taught by the missionaries before, but there were some complications so they put him on hold. We went to see him this past Tuesday and the first thing that came out of his mouth was "What do I need to do to get baptized?" My jaw just dropped at that point. Now we can't meet with him more than once a week so it probably will not be until next transfer that he gets baptized, but it was still pretty exciting to hear someone say that.

This week I go on exchanges with the zone leaders so I get to go to the institute and see all the people I served with around a year ago (whoever is left). That is going to be pretty exciting as well. Other than that things have been going well. I think that I'm used to the country life now and having to go on long drives to far away places.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011