Monday, June 27, 2011

Yes. I got the trunky call this last Tuesday telling me that I would be going home on Sept. 5th and they wanted to know what airport that I would like to fly into. I wanted to say Hawaii, but at the last minute I didn't. I haven't got the backpack yet either. Did you send it priority?

Sterling has been awesome so far. It is really different than anywhere that I have been before. It seems that the people here are a little bit nicer than other places. More humble I guess. We are working with quite a few people too. We have been meeting with this one family where the wife is the non member. She is ready to be baptized but the problem is that the whole family has a smoking problem. They set a date to quit this Friday so hopefully everything goes well. My companion is Elder Rodriguez. He is from Provo, UT but originally from Argentina. We have been getting along great so far, but then again it has only been 1 week. He moved to the United States when he was 10. He is a Spanish Elder and so I have been brushing up on the little Spanish that I know. We are living with one of the councilors in the bishopric (the Speights). They are pretty cool, but not as awesome as being at the Conner’s. The Conner’s are not housing missionaries anymore because they have family coming in and out staying there all summer and she is super busy with her catering business during the summer months. We do have a car in this area. The area is huge. We live in Sterling but we cover other towns that can be almost 1 hour away. We only got 600 miles a month in Arvada and we get 1850 a month here in Sterling! We get to drive a Subaru Impreza to which is one of the nicer cars of the mission. I'm the district leader here but there is only one other companionship that is in our district which is Fort Morgan. They live about 45 min away so we only have district meeting every other week. The picture that I sent in front of the house isn't where we live now. That is the farmhouse where I lived when I was serving on the UNC campus a year ago. We took a little pit stop on the ride out.

Things are going well. This is a big week because we get a new mission president on Friday. I'm expecting that there will be a lot of changes coming our way.

Our address:

1616 Pheasant Ridge Rd.
Sterling, CO 80751

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011