Monday, April 26, 2010

Four investigators at church!

Hello family,
This week was awesome! It was a great way to end the transfer. It looks like I will be staying here for another 6 weeks. My companion is staying as well and he is now the new district leader which means that I have more meetings to go to now. Our new address 1300 Patterson Place. The people that live here are really cool "The Haynes". They both are retired and the husband is really into political stuff. So if he is not at home or some church function he is at some political thing. Sis. Haynes watches the grandchildren who come over quite a bit because some of their children live in Fort Collins as well.

As far as the work, this past week was really exciting! We started teaching this 11 year old whose dad just came back into activity. The son is pumped and it would be awesome if his dad could baptize him. We also just started teaching this family who was taught like 2 years ago. It is the single mom and her 2 sons. They all came to church this past week too which made things even better. We had another one of our investigators come to church making it 4 investigators at church! That is the first time that has happened on my mission. I guess the only downfall is that it has been kind of cold this past week. Weather in Colorado is really random.

This next week we have another mission tour. Elder C. Scott Grow is coming to speak to us. I think the name is kind of funny, but we are all excited to hear him speak.

As far as Mother’s day, since you are in church from 9:30 to 2:30 it will work out perfectly. I'm in church from 9 to 2 so I can just call sometime in the late afternoon around 4pm if that will work. It feels like I just called! I guess time just goes by really fast. Mother’s day will be my 8 month mark as well.

Hope things are going well.


Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011