Monday, April 12, 2010

Aloha!

April 5, 2010

ALOHA!

I'm so jealous. It sounds like you are having a blast right now. I forgot until midweek that you were in Hawaii. I remember turning to my comp. and saying in a really depressed voice "My parents are in Hawaii right now" haha. Things have been awesome this week. This last Wednesday we went to our mission conference in Wyoming. It was another solid conference and hopefully I will use what training was given in my day to day missionary work. The downfall is that we got stuck there. It snowed on the way up and before we could leave they closed all the highways. So, we didn't get back until 6pm but that is okay.

Conference this weekend was awesome. I have really grown to appreciate conference so much more now that I am on my mission. Before I always thought that it was too long. Now I can't wait for it every six months. It is also kind of a mini break from missionary work too. Not saying that I don't like to work, but it is nice to sit down for a bit and listen to the leaders of the church speak. Once again my favorite session was priesthood especially the one about how apostles go about making mission calls. Every one is so personal which makes my call to serve in Colorado special.

Other than that not much is going on. We have interviews with president this next week and I cannot believe that half of the transfer is already over. If I stay in Taft Canyon Ward then we will just end up moving to another family in the ward. The people that we are staying with have a daughter coming back from school at the end of the month so we are getting the boot haha. Hope you have a fun time eating shaved ice without me! (I'm trying to make you feel guilty)

P.S. I did hear about the earthquake. Pretty big one ya?

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011