Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010

So first off there is no way that I am going to be able to compete with that long email that you sent me. That is awesome that Hawaii was nice. I look forward to going when I get back....right? haha. So things have been going good this past week. The weather first of all is a lot warmer then it has been although right now it is completely overcast. I'm getting a nice neck tan line. Not the normal one you get from a shirt but one that is higher up because of the collar. It is pretty nice. This past week we met with president Ely for interviews and I have a pretty good idea that I will be staying. By the end of November there will be a 100 missionary switchover which means that I will be older than half the mission. That is a weird feeling.

The work in the Taft Canyon is picking up and we have a couple of potential investigators now. We actually were going through the former contacts one day and gave this lady a call and found out that she was still interested so we will see how that goes. We thought it was a miracle. There is another guy we are teaching and we are either going to set a date for his baptism or drop him in this next appointment this week so keep your fingers crossed. There was a baptism in my old ward this past weekend of an investigator who I taught which was pretty awesome. I didn't get to go, but that is okay. There might be another one soon that I taught as well. It is just so cool to hear about the people that I taught getting baptized.

I didn't know that Tommy and Brittany were going to move out that quick. That is cool though that they are going to stay close by. That is what I ultimately want to do as well. Out of all the places that I have been to, nothing beats San Diego.

Oh also, not this week but the beginning of next month when I get money I'm going to by a GPS. I have decided that it is worth getting on a mission because we are always wasting time trying to find places on a map and it will also be handy when I get home too.

Hope all is going good.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011