Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010

So this week has been interesting. This Tuesday my jaw started hurting so I went to our bishop to see what was up and come to find out I was clinching my teeth. He said he would make me a mouth guard, but I thought it was weird that I never needed one before. Wednesday morning I woke up to a super bad sore throat, my tonsils were swollen and covered in white spots and the lymph nodes right below my jaw were swollen. Come to find out it was tonsillitis. I called to see if I could go to the doctor but I was told to just wait it out. It got me kind of mad this week because we were inside not working. I figured that they would let me go to the doctor, find out what it was, and get the best medicine so I could get better and get back out and work but I guess not. So, we didn't get around really to much this week because I was dealing with that. I'm not fully recovered but I'm getting better. On the flip side, we were going through our area book this week and started calling up former investigators that had been taught 2 or more years ago. We called this one lady and she said that she was still interested in hearing from us! We went over there and she told us that she had been trying to get in contact with us but she was having a hard time getting our number. Then she said that it just so happens that we called. It was a mini miracle. So we are teaching her now. We also are going to start teaching a 10 year old. His dad just came back to activity after 15 or so years and the son is coming back with him. Hopefully his wife will come around as well. We are definitely being blessed, that is for sure. Elder Smith and I are pretty sure that we are not being transferred this next Monday but you never know. Oh, we also moved today. The people that we were staying with have a daughter coming back from school and we can't stay there while she is there. It is all good though because the new place we are staying at it twice as big. Hope things are good!
Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011