Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another baptism

2-22-10
Hello once again! How is everything back home? This past week was awesome! We had another baptism this past Saturday. The spirit was so strong and the investigator was way excited. I was the one to baptize her and I told her that I was just as nervous as she was, but I only had to perform the baptism once which was good! We had another investigator there (the 9 year old) and now she is excited for baptism. So, we might have a couple more on the way! Elder Perry was also awesome to listen to. Before the meeting we got a mission wide photo of all 200+ of us so I am pretty excited for that picture to come. We also got to shake Elder Perry's hand! So, yea, the meeting was awesome and you just know that when he speaks that he is an apostle of God. He can crack a few jokes as well. Other than that, the missionary work has been about the same. We are now half way through transfers and we have interviews as well this week so I am interested in how my interview will go with President Ely. Maybe he will drop a few hints on what is going to go down next transfer. This week we also have an adult ward talent show and it just so happens that my companion and I are in it. I signed up at first because nobody else was so I'm signed up to play the piano and my companion and I and some other missionaries are going to do the Haka war dance. It should be pretty entertaining. A funny thing happened this last week. We went to teach one of our investigators and when we got there she was a little bit high and the room smelled like the "green stuff". We taught the lesson anyway and it made for a good story. That is about it. In a few weeks I will be at my 6 month mark which is crazy to even think about. It was good to hear from everyone.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011