Monday, March 8, 2010

I can't believe 1/4 of my mission has already gone by

3-8-2010

Once again another week gone. This will be the last week of this transfer and for some reason I am getting really excited to see if I will be going or not. If I stay then no worries. That means that there is still work here for me to do. I might not know what that is but the big guy upstairs does. Tomorrow will be my 6th month mark! I cannot believe that a 1/4 of my mission has already gone by. We might go to the temple this Thursday as well so this could be an extra exciting week. This last week was pretty good. It was a lot harder than most other weeks. The investigators in this area that we have now are really hard to get a hold of. Who said conversion would be easy though.

This last weekend was stake conference. It was awesome. I used to get so bored going to stake conference, but now I really enjoy it. The stake president makes things interesting by calling people up to the stand randomly to bear their testimonies. Most of the people that went up were youth and recent converts. Those are probably the 2 kinds of people that have probably some of the most powerful testimonies. The rest of the meeting was really good with a theme of "the atonement of Jesus Christ" and how we can apply it to ourselves. I realized that the atonement is much more than forgiveness and being clean from sin, but then again, there is so much to the atonement that I don’t think that I will ever fully understand it.

That is sweet that lady went through the temple and that you both got to go through with her. I bet that she loved it. As a missionary I have noticed that I stress sometimes about the work especially when the work is slow, but when I go to the temple all of that stress goes away. It is pretty awesome.

Other than that not much else to report. Fort Collins is still mostly cold with a few nice days. It always seems to be cloudy and cold on P-Day though. Hope things are going well.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011