Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This week has been awesome!

2-8-10
Hello everybody! This week has been awesome. It is always good to start off the new transfer with a solid week. It is not uncommon for our mission president to keep us in an area for a long period of time. Every mission president is different. It’s kind of funny. Our new district leader just came from another ward in Fort Collins where he was there for 7 1/2 or 9 months. I bet he was bummed that he didn’t even leave the zone when he finally moved.
As far as football goes, I was glad that the Saints won because I don’t like Manning and Brees used to be on the Chargers. We came into a lady's house right when the game was finishing.
So if all goes right we will have 3 people baptized this month which is huge. We have one this next Sunday, one possibly on the 18th and one on the 20th. It looks like I will be baptizing the one on the 20th so I'm nervous, but really excited. So at fast and testimony meeting yesterday a bunch of kids got up and bore some pretty solid testimonies. All that I could think of was how the statement "Certain people have been saved for these latter days". The kids were blowing me away. I don't remember having that strong of a personal testimony when I was that young.
It is definitely snowing right now and I am sick of it. 6 months of winter is just too long for me. Just a couple more months. Tomorrow will be my 5 month mark and I will be here for my 6 month mark as well. CRAZY! I thought that school went by fast. It also looks like we will be getting together as a whole mission to hear Elder Perry speak to us as well as shake his hand and get a district picture with him! I'm pumped. It will be cool because then I will get to see some of my buddies from the MTC that I haven't seen in 5 months. Hope everything is going great and everyone is having a good time!

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011