Monday, February 15, 2010

We had a baptism yesterday....

2-15-10

Hello everyone. Things have been going good up here minus the cold. It snowed a little bit Saturday night. We have been doing a lot of walking because it’s just a little bit too cold when you ride the bikes. We just had a baptism yesterday. It was great. Everyone was excited and the spirit was so strong there. The man who got baptized yesterday had been investigating the church for a year or more. His wife is already a member so it was really cool to see her so happy. I played the piano for the baptism. Once word gets out that you play the piano you get pulled into everything. So we still have a baptism this Saturday which is the other investigator who has been taking the lessons off and on for a year or more. Her mom just recently came back to activity so there is another cool experience to see the daughter deciding to get baptized as well. I have been there since we restarted the lessons and it is amazing to see the change in her. She is a completely different person. As far as a 3rd baptism, it has been put on hold. We just have to resolve an issue with the investigator with regards to Joseph Smith’s involvement in polygamy.
This week on Friday we will be headed somewhere to meet as a whole mission (200+ missionaries) to hear Elder Perry speak! It’s going to be so much fun seeing some of my buddies from the MTC there. The box came Friday! It was awesome and the mangos and cookies are almost gone. My companion has been pounding down the mangos when I'm not looking. He doesn't eat the cookies because he just had a root canal and he hasn't got a crown on it yet so the doctor said to lay off the sweets for a while until he gets that. The downfall of the mangos is that when I was biting into one it broke my retainer on my bottom teeth (the wire that goes across to keep my teeth straight). I called Sis. Ely to see if there is an orthodontist that I could go to in town, so now I'm just waiting for her to call me back. Until then I have a wire hanging in my mouth. It’s not that bad though.

Other than that not much is going on. We have got some new investigators and some new potentials so we are hoping that the work will stay steady now that we will slow down going over to the investigators that are baptized or getting baptized. Until a week or so ago I hated to go tracting, but we have been doing it more frequently to find people and I have come to really enjoy/get a kick out of it. It’s usually one of the last things we do if we have not much else we can think of to do, but it is just funny to see some peoples reactions at the door. Hope all is going well.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011