Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm in Fort Collins

Hey, how’s it going? Yep, our prep day was Monday so I didn't get a chance to email the day I got into Denver. So before we left SLC I took some Dramamine an hour before boarding the plane. Well, when it was time for us to get on, they couldn't find a crew! So I was really tired a bit too soon. I still slept the whole ride to Denver though. When we got there the Mission President was there to pick us all up. We went to the mission home and went through some orientation stuff and had lunch and dinner. It was pretty crazy. I had an interview with my Mission President and that’s when he told me that I was going to Fort Collins, Colorado and my trainer is Elder Daniel. So Tuesday was a travel day/unpack day. There were tons of things that put us behind schedule so we didn't really get much accomplished. We are one of the very few missions that has a 100% member housing, so we are living in the basement of some older members home. I haven't even met them because they went to Texas and they will not be back until tomorrow. We also get fed like crazy. We as missionaries only need to take care of breakfast and lunch. We always have a dinner appointment. Things have been going great the first week. It started out a little bit stressful, but nothing terrible. My first street contact, of course, couldn't speak English very well - haha. We have been focusing a lot on less active members and getting them to church because that is what the mission president really wants us to focus on. We went to the stake center for conference this weekend and it was awesome. My favorite was definitely Pres. Monson’s talk on anger in priesthood and Elder Holland’s talk on the Book of Mormon. Well, I have to go because I don’t have a library card so I only have 20 min. I haven’t got my coat yet. Hurry, it is getting cold! Love, Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011