Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10-19-09

Hey, how’s it going? Things have been pretty busy here in Fort Collins. Now that I have been out here for 3 weeks, I'm sort of beginning to learn the ropes, haha. This last week the weather shaped up and it was nice and warm, but today is all overcast and kind of cold.
This week we were able to get some potential investigators so we actually will have an opportunity to teach. We were going door to door and we ran into a man named Javier and we talk to him for 20 min. We set up another day where we could go and teach him, but when we showed up at his appointment he wasn't there. Apparently, his wife got really sick so he was at the hospital with her. We are hoping to meet up with him this week.
My bike is a Schwinn but it’s pretty nice. There is a shop called Recycled Cycles here in Fort Collins. It has disc brakes too so when it gets cold they will still work instead of my comps rubber brakes that harden and don’t work, haha.
Oh, so we definitely heard about the blimp thing in Fort Collins. The big hype, as you may already know, is that there was a possibility that a child was inside, but come to find out he wasn't and he was hiding in the attic in the garage.
That is crazy that Allie is so close to having her baby. I predict Halloween just because that would be cool. I heard about the Chargers being 2-2 and the Broncos 5-0. That’s a bummer and I’m sure I will hear about it after Monday night. We will see. Well I hope all is going well. Keep me posted on all the crazy stuff going on back home.
Love,
Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011