Monday, October 12, 2009

It's getting cold!

Monday, October 12, 2009

The coat came! Just in time, really. The weather started getting bad the day after I got it. Things are going great here in Fort Collins, besides the weather. It’s the windy days that really get to you.

(The following are some questions that I asked him to respond to)

Do you have a direct address or should everything be sent to the mission office? Our mission president has requested that all mail and packages be sent to the mission office, partly because that is the easiest way.

Tell me about Ft. Collins. Fort Collins is kind of similar to Santee. It’s a suburb area with a lot of families which is cool. The ward is full of families with young children. Yesterday was actually the first normal Sunday since I have been here because of General Conference. On the north side of Fort Collins is the College-Colorado State, but it is not in our area. The zone leaders cover that.

What kind of area do you live in? The area I live in is really nice and it is kind of like an area where all the houses look nice, but also look the same. There is really not much I can think about the area we live in because we are always gone.

Do you have a separate living area and kitchen or do you share? We live in the basement of some older members in the ward, and there is only one kitchen, but they have been out of town and they are leaving again this week so we will have the place to ourselves again.

I see from your bank account that you bought a bike. What do you think about that mode of transportation? It is really not that bad and it is a lot better than walking. It also keeps me in shape. I liked it up until this past week when the temperature dropped to the 30's. We have already had a snow storm and it’s the beginning of October!

You asked me to send your music. I assume that means piano music, not your ipod. I sent your white notebook and your hymnal. Do you need anything else? No that’s good. The people we live with have a piano and sometimes in the little free time we get I’ll play for a bit.

Describe your mission President and his wife (not what they look like). Um, he doesn't have a lot of rules that mission presidents usually have. He really just wants you to follow the missionary handbook and what it says to do and not to do. His wife is great. She always says that she has (in addition of her own children) 180 more children to look after (That is about how many missionaries are in our mission). They are both really nice.

Where is your companion from and how long has he been on his mission? My comp. is from Napa Idaho and he has been out 13 months. He definitely knows the ropes and is teaching me a lot. Before he went on his mission he wasn't really active, partly because his mom wasn't active(now is) and his dad isn't a member.

Who are you currently teaching? The mission president wants to focus a lot on less and inactive members, but just before I got here all of our investigators disappeared. So we are at square one, but we have several potentials we plan to see throughout the week.

What do you like best about missionary work? Seeing people want to change.

What do you like least? The weather and I always feel I could get more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011