Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hey everyone!

Sorry this email is a day late. We didn't get the opportunity to go to the library yesterday. I was at a meeting all day. Because I'm a district leader I have to go to the leadership training meeting that they have once every three months. The meeting was 7 hours! We got there at 9 and by the time that we got home it was 4:45pm. It was a long day. The first part of the meeting was just elders giving different trainings. We had a 30 minute lunch and after role played for 3 1/2 hours. So, yes, my head was hurting by the time that we left. There were some good parts too. I was able to get some new ideas on how to work with our investigators. The other funny thing about those meetings is everyone is trying to suck up to the leaders. It is like if a really nice college was recruiting and everyone wants to be on the team. It was so funny to watch.

Another thing that is new that I'm doing is I have to go on exchanges with the other elders in our district. So, today I'm with Elder Smith (former companion), and his companion for the day. It is pretty fun being with Elder Smith again. He goes home in 3 weeks.

As far as our investigators go, last week we visited with a couple of the high school kids that we have been teaching and we tried to commit them to baptism. They both said no and one of them kind of freaked out and we have not been able to contact her in the last week. I think we will still end up teaching her because she has talked to the member family about it. I think she thought that we were going to baptize her even if she didn't know if this was the true church or not. We will have to go back and clarify that we were inviting her to take the next step, which is baptism, when she came to know that the church, Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon etc. were true. The other girl that we tried to set has an appointment today and she might get set. I won't be there for the appointment though because I will still be on exchanges.

There is another family of kids that we are working with too. They are all in their 20's and got baptized and fell off the map right away. The brother really wants to turn his life around and start coming to church. He told us he has smoked weed since he was 8 years old! He's now trying to quit. For all those people that say weed isn't addictive it is a lie. It is still habit forming.

So, that is what has been going on lately. I can't believe today is the big 18. It is scary. This transfer is already half over. So much work, so little time!

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011