Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hello Family,

This past week went pretty well. I must say that the middle 2 weeks of this past transfer have been way more difficult than the first 2 weeks. This past Sunday was extra difficult because nobody decided to show up (daylight savings time doesn't help). We were expecting 2 of our investigators to show and one woke up in the middle of the night with the stomach flu. The other one was just lazy and tired.....teenagers...haha. As far as less active members that should have been there we only had one. It is a little disappointing because I know, especially now, how important church is, and how it can bless their life, but they just don't go or they go with a wrong attitude and get nothing out of it. On the flipside of things, this past Sunday we were able to set up an appointment with one of our investigators who we haven't been able to get in contact with for the past 2 weeks and we set up an appointment with her dad for next Tuesday.

This past week I also did my first baptism interview. It was weird. Maybe because when I think of interviews I think of a bishop, stake president, or a mission president. That is just one of the things that I had to do as a district leader. I thought I would have been nervous, but when the time came I was surprisingly fine.

This past P-day I did something else that I haven't done on my mission. We went bowling. What was rad is we had a coupon for unlimited bowling for 10 bucks. We got there at 1pm and didn't leave until 5:30pm. We bowled around 13 games! I must say I was getting a whole lot better by the end, but now my arm and back are sore.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011