Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hello Everyone,

Sounds like things have been getting pretty crazy at home. It’s good to know that everyone is doing better for the most part. Things have been going great in Arvada, Colorado. I can't believe another transfer is coming to a close. A lot of things are going to start changing. We will have a new mission president soon. I think that he comes in at the end of June. That is going to be weird considering that Pres. Ely has been my mission president this whole time. I'm excited to see what happens this next transfer. I'm pretty sure that I will be staying here and I want to stay. We still have a baptism date set for the 16th of April and that is part of why I want to stay. At first I wasn't sure that she was going to be ready by that date, but we met with her last night and I am more confident now that she will. We have 3 1/2 weeks to continue to help her reach her goal. This week we also have some potential investigator appointments set up so we should be getting some new investigators for sure which is always awesome.

This past week we also have been going through a lot of media referrals from about 2 years ago. So what happened is that these referrals came in and the missionaries in the past never updated them. We haven't had a whole lot of success and the people we do end up talking to don't even remember anything about it. It’s better than knocking doors though because these people expressed some interest at some point.

Oh, and of course I did hear about San Diego State. Mostly all you hear in the church is about BYU, but I did find out that they are in the sweet 16 playing against Connecticut later this week. Actually, a former bishop of another ward here in Arvada keeps us posted. HAHA.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011