Monday, November 29, 2010

My new companion - Elder Phillips



Hey,

Wow, week one of training done. This week went really well. What I didn't realize is how much missionaries know after they have been out awhile compared to missionaries who are right out of the MTC. At first it was kind of frustrating because you expect your trainee to pick up on everything all at once. I just look back and realize that I was in the same situation back when I first started. So things have been good though. Elder Phillips is a pretty quiet guy but he isn't going to be difficult to train. He definitely has a desire to do missionary work which is always a good thing. It was actually kind of funny....his first street contact didn't speak English. That is what happened to me too. I was cracking up.

Our thanksgiving was great this past week. We went to “Five Guys” before Thanksgiving Day so I don't know why it showed up on the 25th. For Thanksgiving we went to 3 different members to eat. The first meal was just kind of to get us started. The second one was the full blown meal and man it was so good! The last family was dessert and they made like 7 pies. It was pretty rad.

This past week we also had a cool experience. We stopped by an investigator who I thought was not very interested. In fact that is why we went over there at first...to find out if we were going to drop him or not. We were going to leave a commitment to read and pray about the book of Mormon and his response was "I've already done that". I was thinking "Oh, boy what does that mean?" He went on to say that he knew it was true so we invited him to be baptized and.....he said that he would have to think about it. It was still cool though and then he went to church the next day which is huge for this area.

Holy cow it is getting cold....

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011