Monday, October 4, 2010

10-4-10
Hey, how is everything going? Looks like this week will be another wrap up for the transfer. Transfers seemed to go pretty slow at first but now it’s hard to keep track of which one that I am on. This last week was pretty rad, especially with General Conference. It is always nice to have a little breather as a missionary every once in awhile and that is why conference is so great. Plus, we get to hear some amazing talks that’s for sure. Of course, priesthood session was my favorite, but I also seemed to like Saturday’s session more than the Sunday sessions. We also watched it with the member who houses us so it was nice to sit on a couch instead of at the stake center.

As far as transfers, I'm not sure what is going to happen. Things have been going kind of up and down with my companion so we will see come this Friday. Today is pretty exciting because we are going over to a member’s house for dinner and she is bringing a non-member co-worker. This is the first member referral since I have been in this area. Also, the part member family that came to church last week we were not able to get a hold of yet so we will see where that goes this week.

I don't know what happened to my bike a few weeks ago. I noticed that it was getting harder and harder to pedal and it made me think of the first time that my axle broke and sure enough when I took off the back tire it was broken again. I think it has to do with going up curbs or something.

I had an interesting experience 2 nights ago. I was laying in my bed thinking about the past year and for the first time on my mission I realized that I am not ready to go home. I know that is 11 months from now, but the feeling just made me want to get up, get dressed and go do missionary work even though by that point it was around 11. It is just what I needed. The Lord really knows me and never has a problem taking the time to help me grow.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011