Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10-11-10
Hello Everyone,

So the big news is....I'm staying in Longmont. My companion is staying too and to be honest, I have mixed feelings about that. I hope this next transfer is a little smoother than the last. We really want to see a baptism. This ward needs it. It has been 3 years since their last convert baptism. This past week has been alright. It is getting colder now and I can definitely tell that winter is on its way.

So, here is a crazy thing that happened this past week. We got a referral from church headquarters on our cell phone early in the week for someone who was interested in the church. We called him and set an appointment up for Thursday and everything. We found out by talking to him on the phone that he didn't send anything in but he would be happy to meet with us. Well Thursday a half and hour before the appointment we were helping a family in our ward set up the volleyball nets up at the church. My companion just out of the blue asked if they knew this person that we were about to go see. Well, they knew him alright.....from the newspaper. Apparently just recently he was put in jail for some really creepy and awkward stuff. We decided not to go to the appointment for several reasons. The fact that my companion just so happened to mention his name and it just so happened that the family knew who he was… I don't think that it was random.

Oh, this last weekend was also nice with general conference. It is scary how fast time has gone by. Now, I'm 13 months out! Scott left the MTC today I think. He will be a good missionary that is for sure.

That is a bummer about Wingnut. Are you planning on another cat or no. I say there should always be a cat in the house.


Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011