Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9-27-10
Hey, how is it going back home? Things have been going good up here so far and it is crazy to think that there is only 2 more weeks left in the transfer. So, I was going to mention some things in this email but I left my planner in the car that had the list. I have had a few expenses these past couple weeks that have been kind of a bummer. I broke my back axle on my bike again and it ended up costing me just about 30 bucks and yes I got the letter from grandma which came right in time for that. THANK YOU GRANDMA COOPER! Oh and my p-day shoes (my vans) last week completely ripped in half so good thing it is the beginning of the month so I can buy new shoes next Monday. I was also curious about David Carlson. Is he still working on getting his papers in. Now, Elder Sadlier is in the MTC which is super exciting and he sounded like he was really pumped to go before he left.

I found out also that a couple weeks ago a lady in my first area that I was in that I taught got BAPTIZED! That is always cool to here about after you have left an area that things are still going forward. So this last week we had something cool happen. We have been working with this inactive member of our ward who has been struggling for awhile with getting a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon (last 18 years). Well, he and his wife attended church this last Sunday which was awesome and his wife might take the lessons. She actually might be a member. When she was younger her mom got her baptized in several churches I guess to cover all the bases so she might have been baptized in our church too. If so great, but it would also be cool if she wasn't a member too. A baptism is really what this ward needs. They haven't seen one in like 3 years so I really think that this could be the spark that gets the ward thinking about missionary work.

Other than that things have been about the same. I am super excited for general conference this next week. It’s a nice weekend as a missionary to sit back and listen to the brethren speak. I can't believe how old Lucy looks now and I hope everything goes better with Grandpa. He is in my prayers.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011