Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Baptism on Saturday

5-17-10

So, this past week was pretty awesome. The baptism was this past Saturday and it went really well. Kyle's dad baptized him which was pretty cool considering that his dad has only been active for about a couple months. A lot of his family was there which was awesome because his mom and grandma are not members and you could definitely see the spirit working on them. It was probably the most emotional baptism (I wasn't emotional but Kyle's whole family was). Anyway, it went really well and Elder Smith and I spoke while they were getting changed. Another cool thing about the baptism is our other investigator, Robert, came.

The next day at church was great too as Kyle got confirmed by his grandfather who I knew because he lives in the Parkwood ward where I was serving before. Our other investigator met with the bishop as well which was really good so I have this feeling that he will be baptized before the end of this transfer. We will see. Overall it was just a solid weekend.

Other than that not much else happened. We actually got a new investigator this week. It is a part member family. It is the husband of the daughter of the people that we are living with. He is Catholic and a really cool guy. We just started teaching him and he seems to enjoy it.

Tomorrow is interviews so we will see if President Ely drops any hints as far as if I will be moving at the end of this transfer or if I will get put into a new position (i.e. senior comp). We will see. I like being a junior companion because I get to focus all of my attention on the work.

Tell Tommy and Dad good luck on the 100 mile ride!

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011