Monday, March 22, 2010

A new area

3-22-10
So, I am now officially in the Taft Canyon Ward. It is still in Fort Collins so I'm guessing that I will be in Fort Collins for the rest of my mission haha. No but seriously, the ward is pretty good and the Bishop is all about missionary work so there is definite work to be done. The area is a lot like my last area with a lot of younger families. Sisters were in the ward before I was and one of them was sick the whole time so not a whole lot of work was going on before we got there. I guess the ward didn't click with the elders before that very well so basically we are the clean up crew. All we have to do is build up the trust with the members and we will get the ball rolling. My companion is Elder Smith. I probably already told you that but oh well. He is from North Carolina. He has been out close to a year now. Come to find out, he had brain cancer when he was 13. It is a pretty amazing story. It looks like we are going to work well with each other.

It snowed this past week again and it was a pretty heavy snow, but it’s pretty much all gone now. One day it will be super cold and the next it will be in the 60's maybe even the 70's....if we are lucky.

This last Saturday we also got the chance to go to the temple again. I just keep getting lucky with companions who have turns to go. We went because there was a couple that was from my companion’s last ward that was getting sealed. We did an endowment session and then went to the sealing. It was awesome. A funny thing happened though in the endowment session. Another elder that I knew really well who was my comps. last comp. threw up about 15 minutes into the session. It was awkward. I was surprised though on how quick they were to get someone to come clean up. While he was cleaning it up he said, " ...and this is why maintenance guys shouldn't wear ties". That lightened the mood.

Other than that not much else has been going on. We have a zone conference (now called mission conference) tomorrow which will be up in Laramie, Wyoming. Both of us are still getting adjusted to the area but we should be cruising by week 3 of transfers.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011