Tuesday, January 26, 2010

There is plenty of work for us to do...

1-26-10
Hey, how is everything. Well, it is the last week of transfers and it looks like I'm going.....okay just kidding, I don't know if I am staying or going but if I had to go on my gut feeling I think that I will be staying. That is crazy that you guys got so much rain. The weather has been pretty mild the past week and it hasn't snowed in a long time. Of course the snow has not completely melted though. I'm pretty sick of the cold weather. Thanks for the package and Elder Seve loves his new shirt. I didn't even know that BYU had a rugby team. This last week was awesome. We had a couple of investigators come to church and on top of that I spoke in sacrament meeting. It went well. I spoke on being faithful. Saturday morning we went to go help some other elders with a move and when we got back, Elder Seve got sick. He started throwing up around 11:30 in the morning and didn't stop until he went to bed at night. Not being able to do anything all day was really boring. I ended up going on splits so I could go to church the next morning and when I got back he was doing a lot better. He’s completely fine now so we are thinking it was food poisoning. Being without another missionary for a half day was really weird. Just yesterday we rescheduled one of our investigators for baptism. This is the same investigator who had a date but we ended up cancelling to give it more time. This new date looks promising. It will be next month so my companion and I are pretty excited. Other than that not much else is going on. We are just going to try our best to finish the transfer strong. There is plenty of work for us to do which makes the time go by fast. To answer your question, Jason is a guy in our ward that hangs with us sometimes on p-days and stuff. He is divorced and doesn't have a job right now but he is kind enough to drive us places. Anyway, it is good to hear that you all braved the crazy storm this past week. Who knows where I could be in a week. Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011