Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm not one of the new missionaries anymore!

11-9-09
Hey, how’s it going? So, I didn't get transferred and I am still with my trainer. I'm pretty excited too. I'm finally familiar with the ward and ward leaders so it would have been a bummer if I had to leave. Next transfer would be the 21st of December, but I'm probably not leaving then either because I think that Pres. Ely likes to keep things the same during the Christmas season. You never know though. It is weird to think that I have been on a mission for 2 months already. Time is really starting to go by. I sent my other coat back today. I bought a new coat with money that a lady in our ward gave us. We tried to refuse, but she wouldn't give in. If we snuck it back to her she probably would have gotten mad haha. That is lame that the job fair had no opportunities for Tommy. There are a lot of members in the ward that are struggling to find jobs in the bad economy up here too. Some have been laid off for over a year. I guess it is a good time to be on a mission. I heard about the Chargers. That is awesome that they won and I heard that the Broncos lost as well so that helps us out. I thought that Allie would have had her baby by now. Well, she might since I just got your email today. Not too much else is going on right now. We are still trying to get a hold and teach the investigators we have now but they don't return calls, are busy, and never are home. This transfer is going to be awesome though. I'm not one of the new missionaries anymore. There is a missionary that is fresh from the MTC in our district so I'll get to meet him and the others this Wednesday at district meeting. Keep me posted. Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011