Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Everyone! First of all, since I won't be able to email later in the week, Happy Thanksgiving. Sounds like things are going to be a blast this year. My companion and I have a couple of dinner appointments on Thanksgiving so we will definitely be full by the end of Thursday (by the way, we get dinner appointments every night so we are a little spoiled). This past week has been a blast and has been one of the most successful weeks of my mission. We ended up getting 4 new investigators and that has yet to happen on my mission and in the area I'm serving for the last year until now! 2 of them are member referrals, 1 from tracting, and a 9 year old so they came from all different sources. Since we got so many new investigators this week we have had the most lessons with those investigators that I have ever had. It is really exciting to see them grow as well as to see myself grow as we share messages of the gospel. Yesterday, we were going to teach a less active member and his non-member wife and when I walked in the Charger/Bronco game was on and I couldn't help but see the complete domination that the Chargers had pulled off! Go Chargers! Anyway, we had Zone Conference this last week up in Laramie. It wasn't as good as the last Zone Conference, but it was still awesome. Our mission president did leave us with a commitment to read the Book of Mormon in a month as well as highlight all the references to Jesus Christ, his words, and his attributes so it’s pretty intense. We have a Christmas Devotional this next month too. The only downside to this week was that I had to get my bike fixed....again. The bike is truly a curse, but we have a member in the ward who works on bikes and he fixes them for the missionaries for free, so that is rad. Next week I am going to get some Christmas cards to send out, well hopefully. I did end up buying myself an early Christmas present from Toys-R-Us. I bought Risk. We have been playing it a lot on p-days and I wanted to get one haha. In fact we are going to go play it with a couple of members after we get done here in the library. I'm glad that everything is going well with the new baby. Not much else is going on. Well, there is always stuff going on, but it’s similar missionary work stuff. It’s awesome to hear that all is well. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
Elder Cooper
P.S. Probably not this week, but in the next week or two I will be sending my Journal entries to you from the first day I entered the MTC to now (Yep I write in my journal every day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011