Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hello Everyone,

I got transferred yesterday! You will never guess where I got sent to....Sterling, CO. Good luck finding it on the map. It is in north eastern Colorado. We are the only missionaries in the town and the closest elders are in Fort Morgan which is pretty far away. We technically are in the Greeley Stake but we are 2 hours outside of Greeley. It is definitely different. Yesterday I drove out with Elder Asay who I know really well because he got moved out to Fort Morgan. It was kind of a road trip. I don't know if we were supposed to or not but we stopped by campus on the way there to bring back a few memories. I will get to go on exchanges with the zone leaders this transfer so I will get to go back to the UNC campus again for the day! Elder Wall, my last companion left our ward too and went to Aurora. Half of the Arvada zone got moved. I think that I will finish my mission here in Sterling. My new companion is Elder Rodrigues. He has been in Sterling for 6 months I think. He has been out for 7 1/2 months and he is the first Spanish Elder that I have been with. So far, so good. He is really laid back which is nice.

Sis. Conner isn't housing any missionaries anymore. We all left on Monday and it just so happens that 3 out of 4 of us were getting transferred anyway. I haven't seen much of Sterling, but it is pretty small. They do have a Walmart though so they are official. This area has seen a lot of baptisms and we should see a few this transfer. We were not able to set anyone before we left Arvada. We met with the teenage girl that we have been working with and are going to hand her over to the YSA elders. She will get baptized.


Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011