Monday, January 24, 2011

Hey Everyone,

So, once again an interesting week. First and foremost, that crazy guy came back to church this week. When I saw him I thought "Oh, boy, here we go..." He came early and helped us set up chairs, but after asked if I could talk to him for a second. I made sure that Elder Phillips came with me. So, when he started talking to us he was shaking and said that we should go and find truth. We were told to go and pray on top of a mountain to find out truth. While saying this he slipped a note into my pocket and then gave us each a CD and then left. Yea, probably one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had. So, he actually didn't come to church. The funny thing is all last week people thought he was an investigator that we brought and told us how creepy he was. I explained to them that he was just a random creepy guy that just showed up.

The rest of the week went well. We got a new investigator. That’s the 2nd week in a row that we have got a new investigator. He is a roommate of a member who just moved into the ward. We talked and I asked him if he would be interested in taking the missionary lessons. He strayed away from the question and pretty much gave us the "my roommate tells me stuff, so I already know a bit". So, right after he said that I asked the member if he would like to take the missionary lessons because our bishop wants all the members to take them. He said yes and his friend said that he would join in as well! I must say that I thought I was pretty sly.

This past Saturday we participated in a variety show with some other Elders in Longmont. One of the Elders is trying to get a link up but I don't think it will get up in time. I will just have to make a CD and send it to you. It is a skit about getting a "Dear John" and it is to the music of "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. It’s pretty funny.

Other than that not much else is going on. This week we are meeting with President Ely for interviews and it is already halfway through the transfer.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011