Tuesday, September 7, 2010

You were right. Yesterday was a holiday so we are just now getting the opportunity to do our emails. Things have been pretty good. Sorry, but I forgot about getting the address again, next week for sure. So, to tell you a little bit about Longmont… Our ward is on the east edge of town and we are on bikes. I have never been in an area with as many hills as here. It gets a little tiring after a while but it is not too bad. It is an interesting ward because it goes from low income areas to really high expensive areas all in the same ward. The place we live at is more on the Hispanic side of town. We live with a single guy, but he has been out of town since I got here so I haven't officially met him yet. Elder Henson, I might have told you already, is from Buhl, Idaho. It is by Twin Falls I believe. Things were a little rocky at first but they are starting to smooth out. He is willing to work which is great and I am glad that I have never had a companion where that was an issue. We have a few investigators, some I feel are semi close to baptism....maybe. None are set and we have been having a hard time getting a hold of a lot of them. This last week was also super slow because we didn't really have any scheduled appointments for whatever reason but we have been super busy this week which is good. This week we have zone conference which is nice and this is the last zone conference before we switch it to having one every other transfer.

It is crazy to think that it is 1 day from my year mark and I have been thinking a lot about how I have changed and how limited my time is left on the mission. I'm so grateful that I have been given such a wonderful, once in a lifetime, opportunity to do so, and can't wait to see what happens in year 2.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011