Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I got tranferred again!

Hello everyone!

Hey, so sorry this is a day late but....I got transferred again! This time it is to Longmont, Colorado which is right below Berthoud and is a pretty big town. What happened was there are not as many missionaries coming out as there are going home this transfer and I'm guessing because Berthoud is so small...it’s the first to go. The zone leaders are actually going to be the elders for Berthoud Ward now. I was a little bit bummed because things were going pretty good and it felt that I just unpacked but when it is time, it is time. So I am in the Union Ward in Longmont. I'm follow up training with an elder who has only been out a transfer. His name is Elder Henson. He is from Buhl Idaho. First impressions, to be honest, were not so good. He just got out of high school like 3 months ago and he is still kind of immature if you know what I mean. We will see how it goes. We live with a single guy who I have not met because he is out of town right now (I haven't been able to write down our address yet either). Unfortunately my bedding, pillow, and helmet went missing during transfers so I'm trying to find where they went. I was able to get a spare helmet for now though. It is super weird going back to a big town after being in Berthoud for 6 weeks.

So funny story... this last Sunday I gave a talk in church. I wrote it on Tuesday last week and by Saturday I could not find the binder that I put it in. It wasn't at the house so it either had to be in the zone leader’s car or at the church. Well, Sunday morning we called the zone leaders and they couldn't find it. I thought for sure that it would be at the church then. When we got at the church it was nowhere to be found. That is when panic set in and my heart dropped. That is when the silent prayers started up as well. I called the zone leaders one more time to check the car and behind just about everything....there was the binder.

What also is cool about Longmont is that I know just about all the elders in the district (one of them I lived in the farmhouse with in Greeley and Elder Tuiasosopo (former comp in Greeley) is the zone leader here so it should be a fun transfer. The first couple weeks are a little difficult to get adjusted.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011