Monday, August 23, 2010

Hey everyone,

To answer your question about the bike, I was being stupid. That is usually how missionary bike accidents happen. There is a BMX track right next to the church so 4 of us missionaries decided that it would be a good idea to check it out on p-day with our wonderful mountain bikes. Sure enough we said "Let’s race". The third go around I ended up eating it on one of the jumps. I went right over the handlebars. I only got a few small scrapes. yea....

So this past week was good. We taught a new investigator. She is a theology major so we are not sure what her true motives are yet but we will see. We also have another appointment with a potential investigator this week that was given to us by a member so we are super excited for that one. The bummer about this past week is once again none of our investigators made it to church again. Even when we contact them the night before they still seem to not make it.

On Saturday some members took us out to lunch and of course my stomach started to hurt so we went back to the church after to use the restroom and after, when we were just about to leave, a mouse ran into the kitchen where we were! We stood there for a minute trying to decide whether to pretend we didn't see it or to take care of it ourselves. We ended up spending the next 20 minutes to take care of it ourselves. We didn't kill it. We ended up sweeping it outside. We got it on camera too. It was hilarious.

Other than that it has pretty much been the same kind of missionary work. I can't believe that this transfer is already over at the end of this week and that the half way point is in 2. For some reason I feel that I will be getting transferred but I don't know why. I have been right so far. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011