Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So this past week was great! Things have been a little bit slow though. I was kind of afraid that it was going to eventually happen when I first got here. It has been tough finding people to teach. Anyway this past week was still good. So the library was closed yesterday so sorry that this got a little delayed.

All I can say is that box last week was awesome! So that retainer needs to be adjusted but because Bishop Allen is a dentist he can fix it. I haven't got my suit yet from the tailors. I will pick it up this Friday just in time for the end of transfers. I don't know if I will be moving but there will definitly be a lot of changes in the zone and in the mission. About 20 new missionaries are coming in!

One of the interesting things that happened last week is we had a dinner appointment with a family and we ended up going to their neighbor's, who are Muslim, for dinner. The wife converted from being Catholic and her sister just happens to be Mormon. Her sister lives in Utah though, I think. Anyway there were 2 people from Egypt there and their son-in-law who is originally from Pakistan. It was an awesome Middle Eastern feast!. It was also interesting to understand a little bit more about the cuture and different views on the world/politics/religon. Basically, Elder Smith and I kept our mouths shut the whole time, haha.

We also helped a non-member family move this week. It was the relief society's friends and they could be interested so we are pretty excited to see where that will take us. The move was hard though. They had some heavy stuff and nothing seemed to be packed. We were there for 3 hours on Friday and like 4 hours on Saturday.

One more week until transfers and 9 months....wow

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011