Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Talk to you Friday!

12-22-09
So my computer freaked out and this is the second time I am writing this email. I am here at the library this Tuesday. Yesterday was transfers and we were busy all day so we never got to the library. Elder Daniel left. I was ready for a change. Its not because I didn't like him, it’s just nice to switch things up. He left about 2:30 to head up to Wyoming as a traveling elder. Basically he goes to a ward that does not have missionaries, evaluates where the ward is at as far as missionary work and if it would be wise to put elders there and then reports back. It sounds pretty awesome. Too bad it is in Wyoming though. My new companion is Elder Seve. He is from New Zealand and is Polynesian. I have only been with him for a day but he seems like and awesome missionary. It also happens that the members that we live with are going to New Zealand for 3 weeks to visit their son so we will be living in an empty house for awhile. Last week we had our Christmas devotional and we had a Book of Mormon archeologist come and speak to us. He was amazing. He had a ton of awesome pics and information of proof of Christ visiting the ancient Americas. In 2 weeks there will be a mission tour, which means that a general authority will be speaking to us! Last year it was Elder Bednar. For Christmas this week we don’t have too many plans. In the morning we are going to open gifts with another set of missionaries. I want to call everyone at 11:30 so 10:30 your time. I’m super excited to call. I don’t have a lot of questions for you but I’m sure that you have a lot for me. Keep in mind that my call can only be 40 minutes or else I will get chewed out by the mission pres. They check the phone records. The hushka came last week and it’s already half gone...yay Hushka! We have been getting so much desserts and sweets lately from members I’m to the point where I am sick of it. I wish members would give normal food haha. Talk to you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011