Tuesday, December 8, 2009

12-7-09
Hey, how is everything going? It has been going great this past week except for it is freezing butt cold, haha. No but seriously it is about 15 degrees right now and over the last couple of days it has snowed about a foot. We have been doing a lot of snow shoveling service, especially yesterday. The bike is fine for now except for the fact that it is a little difficult to ride around in the snow but we manage. I don’t know If I am going to be transferred until the Saturday before transfers which will be the 19th. I think I will be staying but I don’t know for sure. When I had my interview with pres. Ely this last week he didn’t mention anything.
This last Monday we went to go teach the 9 year old we have been working with and usually her mom, who is inactive, sits in on the lesson, but she wasn't feeling too well. There was another lady there though that we had never met before that sat in on the lesson and instead of teaching what we were planning on, we ended up teaching the 1st lesson to her ending the night with a new investigator. It was awesome! We are meeting with her this week to teach the plan of salvation. We had our Christmas party this last week too and there was a ton of people. There were several investigators that we are going to follow up with in the week to come. It’s funny because I'm good friends with a family in the ward and the wife is the activities coordinator so I can sort of see the stress of that position. It’s a tough job. Its one of those callings that you wouldn't think that at first, but man, there is a lot of work that comes with it! This week we also have a missionary activity that we are going to do with members and the ward missionaries on Saturday. It’s like secret Santa, but the parents of the families we are helping I think already know. It should be great though. The members are supposed to invite a non member to the activity and we already have some promising results. Well, it was awesome to hear how things are going.
Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011