Thursday, May 5, 2011

Things are going pretty well in Arvada. I have loved being here even if the work has been a little slow lately. Funny story: We were going around visiting members in our ward and we stopped by this inactive Cuban guy in our ward. He is pretty awesome, but what wasn't awesome is the fact that he talked straight for 2 hours! Not only that, but he gave us a huge glass of juice so mid way I thought that I was going to pee my pants. I didn't though. He talked about why he doesn't come to church and about politics, work, school, family, etc. We didn't say a word the whole time. Another thing that was pretty crazy was this last week we went to drop by what we thought was a pretty promising potential investigator, but when we showed up to the apartment, she wasn't there. The little girl that answered the door I think thought we were the FBI because she seemed scared or nervous. This lady just disappeared and nobody that lived there knew where she was.

Elder Wall did pretty well being senior companion this week. His only downfall is that it takes him a while to make decisions. For instance, normally when we plan for the next day we spend 20-30 minutes doing that. The first night we spent an hour. I fell asleep during it on accident. It was pretty funny. He got better by the end of the week. As far as the Smiths, Sis. Smith was pretty awesome. I don't think that she has any kids at home. She has a son on a mission right now, but I forgot where. She couldn't guess who I was until I showed her my name tag. Her husband wasn't there when we were though so I didn't get to meet him.

How are roadshows coming along or did they already happen?

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011