Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hello everyone,

So the big news... yesterday I did get transferred. I'm now serving in Arvada, Colorado which is just west of Denver. On top of that, I'm a District Leader. Yea, nobody gave me instruction so I'm really not sure what I am supposed to do yet. I know that some of the things are give baptism interviews, go on exchanges, plan district meeting and that sort of stuff. So we will see how it goes. Elder Phillips stayed in Longmont. My new companion is Elder Woodfield. He came out with Elder Phillips, so he has been out just over 3 months. He is from Tracy, California which is just east of the bay area. It’s cool to have a companion from California for the first time. We are still on a bike though. I thought for sure that we would get a car for being DL, but I guess not. Oh well, it keeps me in shape.

This last Sunday in Union ward up in Longmont we met with a new investigator. Well, kind of new. Some other elders in Longmont were teaching her but then she moved in with her grandmother who is in our ward. I can see her getting baptized. It was awesome to teach her before I left. It is weird leaving a place after being there so long. I was excited, but at the same time I didn't know what to expect. I have never been in the south half of the mission before. It is a lot faster pace. It seems the higher you go in the state the slower things seem to go. Arvada is really condensed too and because it has been around so long the homes are older unlike the north cities. I like it so far. One of the zone leaders here came out with me and one of my previous companions (Elder Smith) is in the district. This is his last transfer and he is going to be training a guy from San Marcos, California. Crazy....

A lot of changes, but change is good. I'm excited to see what happens this transfer and it seems like there is going to be a lot of work to be done in our area!

Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011