Thursday, September 17, 2009

First email home

Today was my first prep day so I got to finally send you an email. Things have been going great. The bbq was great, and it was nice to see everyone before I left. When I got to the MTC they sent me to get all of my stuff, drop of my luggage and go straight to a orientation meeting. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous for the first couple days. Later that day we met up as a district and got to know everyone. Fot the first day it seemed like I was a chicken with its head cut off, but now that I have been hear a week I'm pretty familiar with everything that is going on. Now that doesn't mean that I am familar with all the material that I am learning that is for sure. When you are not in class you are doing other stuff like going to Teaching Appointments, Teaching Evaluations, and The Referral Center. At the Teaching Appointments you get to teach a lesson to a volunteer who pretends to be an investigator. You are filmed during the lesson and after your teacher shows you ways that you can improve your teaching. That was a pretty awesome experience because I could feel the spirit help me teach and even though they were pretend investigators I felt a love for them and I didn't even know them. Now I have yet to enjoy the referral center where you make phone calls and recieve phone calls from people wanting or recieving free stuff( book of mormon, dvds, etc). I just extremely dislike talking on the phone. My companions name is Elder Howell and he is from Centerville Utah. We are totally different from each other, but we get along great. The group of elders in our group(district) get along pretty well. Today we got to go to the temple and I decided to do sealings instead of a session. It was so awesome! There is no place that I can feel more happiness than the temple. This last tuesday we got to listen to Elder Holland speak and I also sang in the MTC choir. I have never felt the spirit more strong in a talk in my life. Elder Holland is an amazing speaker. I won't go into detail about what he said because I don't have the time, but Tuesday was definitely one of the best days here. I have learned so much since I have been here. The amount of things I learn in one day of the MTC, is about the same amount of stuff I learn in a month of going to church. I am so glad I decided to go on a mission! I only get this opportunity once....well there are couples missions but even those are not the same. Plus, I know that my future wife is going to be extremely attractive because of all my service...haha just kidding....no but seriously. Well I can't wait to hear back from everyone about all the crazy things that are going on at home. Oh, and don't forget to keep me updated on the Chargers! I got to go, my laundry is done and other missionaries are waiting to email home too. Talk to you soon!Gods Army,Elder Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Jacob Cooper and I will be serving in the Denver North mission starting September 9, 2009 until September 2011